Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup
Ok...this soup is just...YUM!! I love the complex flavors of the citrusy lime and spicy curry coming together in this brothy soup! It’s one of my go-to soups for this time of year when the weather begins to transition from fall to winter and I need some extra warmth.
Baby Bella mushrooms are linked to improved functions in the immune system and preventing cardiovascular disease and certain types of cancer.
Did you know that the highest amount of vitamin c found in bell peppers in concentrated specifically in red bell peppers?
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 inch knob ginger, grated
- 8 oz baby bells mushrooms, quartered
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1-2 jalapeños, diced
- 1 bunch spinach
- juice of 1 lime + zest
- 2-3 Tbsp red curry paste (store bought or make your own)
- 8 cups vegetable broth or filtered water
- 4-8 oz Vermicelli (Maifun) Rice Noodles (depending on how noodly you want your soup)
- Avocado oil
- Cilantro for topping
- Quarter, chop, and dice all veggies and place them in a bowl.
- Zest then juice your lime and toss the veggies in the lime juice and zest. Set this aside to marinate.
- Place a small amount of oil in the bottom of a soup pan and put eye on medium heat. Add the grated ginger and garlic, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Once the garlic and ginger are frangrant, add the marinated veggies to the pan along with the curry paste. Stir and cook down until peppers and onions are fork tender.
- Pour water or vegetable stock over veggies.
- Once the soup comes to a low boil, add in the chopped spinach and stir until wilted.
- Stir in uncooked rice noodles and reduce heat to simmer.
- Once the noodles have cooked completely, remove pan from heat and allow to cool.
- Serve the soup with cilantro, a lime wedge, or some sriracha drizzled on top and enjoy!
I hope everyone enjoys this recipe! Feel free to experiment with adding different veggies, tofu, or anything else that you like! Please let me know if you make it and how it turned out!