Super Seed Avocado Toast
Simple and tasty! This is one of my favorite breakfasts. It’s fast, easy, and healthy. Did you know that avocados are high in Vitamin K, C, B5, B6, E, Folate, Fiber and even have more Potassium by volume than a banana? Delicious and nutritious? Sold!
I like to top mine with a blend of super seeds to really pack in the nutrition here by mixing ground flax seeds, chia seeds, and hemp seeds together and sprinkling it on top. Did you know that flax seeds are one of the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids? Using ground flax makes it easier for your body to absorb all that goodness. Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants which fight the production of free radicals. And lastly, the hemp seed...oh how I love thee. Hemp seeds are not only an amazing source of plant based protein, but also considered a complete protein source, meaning they have all of the essential amino acids, and they add a nice nutty flavor. Combining the three of these seeds together makes for a great addition of omegas, antioxidants, fiber, and protein.
This recipe is:
Super Seed Avocado Toast Recipe
Total cook time: 15 minutes or less
- 2 slices bread of your choice*
- 1 Avocado
- 3 Tbsp Super Seed Blend (1 Tbsp each: chia, hemp, and ground flax seeds)
- 1-2 tsp Cracked Red Pepper (depending on your heat preference)
- Salt to taste
- Avocado Oil (optional)
- Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- Toast your bread by sticking it in a toaster or toaster oven OR you can put it in a skillet for a few minutes to crisp up.
- While your bread is toasting, prep your avocado by cutting it in half and removing the pit. From here, you can either use a spoon to scoop the avocado into a bowl and smash it up with a fork OR you can use your knife to thinly slice the avocado while it’s still in the flesh then use your spoon to gently scoop out the slices.
- After your bread is toasted, top each slice with half of your avocado, half of your super seed blend, half of your cracked red pepper, and salt to taste.
- Optional: drizzle avocado oil and/or balsamic vinegar on top.
*I highly recommend looking for a local bakery that makes their bread from simple, natural ingredients. I’m a big fan of Tellico Grains Bakery because they make their bread fresh daily from minimal ingredients and it is absolutely delicious.
I hope everyone enjoys this recipe! Please let me know what you think and if you make any variations!